International award-winning Mansfield Summit Band
Summit High School Band Program
High School is a milestone -the high school years are some of the most pivotal years in a child's life. Often, it is a time in which their character is sculpted and their life goals are developed. We can all agree that we want our children to become successful people, but this does not happen by accident. Students need to participate in something that sparks that type of motivation.
Being a part of our band program could be one of the best decisions you and your student have ever made. In the Summit High School Band Program, it is not just about teaching music - it's about teaching life skills. Out students learn important things like discipline, perseverance, dedication and responsibility.
Benefits of Marching Band
- Band is a great way to get your child involved in something positive.
- The arts provide young people with authentic learning experiences that engage their minds, hearts, and bodies.
- Engagement in the arts nurtures the development of cognitive, social and personal competencies.
- Students learn to be excellent leaders on and off the field.
- Students of the arts continue to outperform their non-arts peers on the SAT.
- Music raises a students ability to multitask, be a critical thinker, problem solving, time management along with learning how to work cooperatively as a team towards shared goals of the band program.
- Band students can receive college scholarships. In addition, college and universities are impressed when students have participated in extra-curricular activities such as marching band,
- The band experience is often the highlight of a student's high school years. We are like a family where everyone helps each other out.
Please support our sponsors
We couldn't be a success without the support of our generous sponsors. Please frequent these businesses and thank them for their support!