Happy Sunday! Below is your Jag Band Update. Students – HYDRATE! Parents – lots of volunteer opportunities coming up in the next couple weeks 🙂
Schedule at a glance
Monday: Full Band Rehearsal 4:00-7:00
Tuesday: Full Band Rehearsal 4:00-7:00
Wednesday: Full Band Rehearsal 4:00-6:00
Thursday: Football vs Seguin (home at Newsom) Middle School night + First game in uniform
Friday: No after-school band activities
Saturday: March-A-Thon! Region Jazz Auditions
Monday: Full Band 4:00-6:00
Tuesday: Full Band at Anderson 5:00-8:00 (please find own ride to RL Anderson)
Wednesday: no rehearsal
Thursday: Full Band 4:00-7:00
Friday: Football at Burleson
Saturday: Mansfield Preview of Champions at Newsom Stadium
Football vs Crowley
It was great to squeak a win again Crowley and see our show from such a great vantage point. We have a lot of cleaning to do before our first competition in two weeks and we’re looking forward to it!
Uniform Picture Day
This went really well. Thank you to our sponsor RTM by Erica for spending the day with us and picturing every band student who was at school this last Thursday. Pictures should be available in the next week or so. As soon as we get information on this, I’ll send it your way and you can order your BUTTONS!
Upcoming Event Information
Football Game vs Seguin at Newsom (Thursday 9/15/22)
All students involved
Dance Team Tune: Let’s Get Loud
Uniform: Blue performance shirt, black shorts, marching shoes, long black socks, water jug sling, lyre, flipbook, hair off collar, no jewelry, FULL UNIFORM
Call time: 5:00 (the band hall will remain open after school for students who need this accommodation)
Finish time: 11:00ish (watch for updates on the BAND app or come join us at the game!)
- 4:45-5:00 – arrive at Summit Hand Hall – attendance taken by Section Leaders at 5:00
- 5:15 – inspection
- 5:25 – load buses/depart
- 6:15 – arrive at VNS, load stands
- 7:00 – game starts
- 8:15ish – halftime
- 10:15ish – game finishes, load buses, pack up
- 11:00ish – arrive at SHS, clean up, dismissal.
All students involved
Uniform: WHITE performance shirt, black shorts, marching shoes, long black socks, water jug + sling, flipbook, hair up, no jewlery
Call time: TBA (around 7:30am, maybe later)
Finish time: TBA (around 1:30pm)
- An itinerary will be posted in the BAND app for this event. Keep your eyes peeled!
March-A-Thon (Saturday, 9/17/22) Donations due 9/16/22
Itineraries and details will be out on the band app very soon posted by Ms. Hermanson.
Collect your $100! Ask community members, neighbors, friends and family to sponsor your performance throughout the day.
This event is a “required” $100 per person fundraiser for the band. If you already paid this $100 fee at Registration Day, then you are already covered! If you receive over $100 of donations, 10% of whatever you raise will be added to your band account – just like WiddyUp!
September 16th – March-A-Thon envelope due into the booster box by the band office.
September 19th – All the tangible items need to be paid off by this date including our $120 uniform fee (unless a payment plan has been made with me) in order for your student to receive their custom-made performance uniform – and man are they beautiful!
October 7th – Activity Fee 1 due ($140). If this was paid at registration day, you do not need to pay.
Should be open this week – there was some massive communication issues between them and I – I think we have it all ironed out.
We will be on a regular masterclass schedule this week. Oboes – Ms. H will speak to you individually about a slight adjustment.
Click on the link for the most updated itinerary. All itineraries will be finalized about a week before the competition.
Mansfield POC: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L4QN1KOdTvY9J9IAd7TeaqwHaDk1Jj3_z1uf1fm3Q9c/edit?usp=sharing
Wylie Invitational: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VP32rlHnwTdCMcpmI0tfqp32a6cIApPIH4fV5cwSjoA/edit?usp=sharing
MISD Showcase: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oSIrViKS-sM33BoaTrDz42txkF8UAGcGVf5_9jFToRA/edit?usp=sharing
BOA Midland: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TJ7CMi0n7POdJork8qFyhBb-kmCf1IRzwiqvB0AhfNg/edit?usp=sharing
Goals for this week
- Part 2: Produce/ add visuals to part 2 + clean music and drill
- Part 3: Set as much of part 3 as possible
- Part 4: Start working and memorizing part 4
- Stand Tunes: Word Up
Homework for this week
- All-State: Work on Etude 3, cut 1 for your masterclasses.
- Show: Work on music at full volume – all members must contribute the same.
- Stand Tunes: Work on Word Up and any stand tune music you’re not comfortable with thus far.
Recap from game
- Cursing: this was still a problem during this game mostly on the way home on the bus. Everyone please monitor this. If there are more reports on this, we will assign seats on the bus. Even when you’re tired and it’s the end of the night, be better about how you represent Summit HS.
- Show Recap: Please watch the show on the BAND app and come up with your own list of things to fix throughout the week. The staff is really going to really start demanding a lot more accuracy from everyone and getting eyes off the ground and watching the forms develop. I’m not sure when we can get on the turf – so we need to train ourselves to not rely on the dots on the grid!
12 days until our first competition! What will you do personally to get prepared for it?