Students received information, pamphlets, and order forms on this fundraiser YESTERDAY. The due date and delivery date are on the forms. We’re asking that everyone sells 11 items. Talk to your friends, family members, and co-workers to see if they would like to support the band. We came up short on our Widdy Up fundraiser, so we need to sell these items to help bridge the $10,000 gap that we missed. Thanks for doing your part to make this band great!
- Part 1: Tuning throughout the big hits adding alternate fingerings where we need to.
- Part 2: Get stability on timing before the big hit at G – almost fell apart last Saturday
- Part 3: Work on filling out the sound on D to the end thinking about the warmest, widest sound we can make
- Part 4: Drill, baby, drill!
- All-State: Work on Etude 2, cut 2 for your masterclasses.
- Show: Tuning and new fingerings
- Stand Tunes: None
- Show Recap: Watch the final video from the show this past week and come up with some goals for yourself. Write them down in a note in your phone and check in with yourself throughout these rehearsals. DO THIS AGAIN THIS WEEK
- Behavior at the show: Guys – I can’t believe I have to say this. Don’t throw rocks at people, don’t throw dirt at people, don’t call people names that I don’t feel like I can repeat. There was some pretty bad behavior
- Missing Uniform: There was someone who was wearing a size 38R jacket that left their uniform in the middle of the tuba section. This makes it really difficult for me to make the decision to allow you to bring an extra pair of shoes (like your crocs or slides) if we can’t take care of our uniforms. 😑
This competition at Wylie is stacked – what are you going to do to ensure our place in finals?