Welcome to week 2 of Band Camp. Drink more water. Do something band related today if you have not already.
Back 2 School Bash with Leadership
Hey parents – just wanted to give you an FYI. A small group of students were asked to perform at the Back2School Bash at the Manfield Performing Arts Center on August 6th. We asked the section leaders and drumline to be a part of that event. They’ll meet at the school at 6:45am wearing khaki shorts and their white band shirt, and then be back for Registration day at about 8:30. Details are on BAND.
Registration Day/ Uniform Fitting Day
It is indeed on the 6th, and not on the 13th. Sorry for the confusion if you looked at the handout I emailed out last week. Here’s what the day will look like.
- Enter through the loading band dock doors (North side of school) and check in will be in the locker room immediately to your right.
- After checking in, you will then check out the spirt wear collection
- Students will try on gloves, gauntlets, and shoes
- If you have old marching shoes, bring them so we can check the quality
- Every student receives new gloves every year
- Students try on shakos, and we check to see if you are signed up for the band app
- Parents check out the volunteer opportunities you can have with your student
- Students get sized for a marching uniform
- Students, please wear lightweight athletic clothing and shoes that can be easily removed
- Students will learn how to hang up and put the uniforms correctly in the bags
- Take pictures with Ms. Erica Graves in Band Hall 2
- Students with long hair, please wear your hair off your collar as hair should not touch the collar of the uniform
- Parents then pay band fees
- Students, please bring flip folder and/or other accessories to check quality.
Details can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BhSUw_fndoEmGN2TTCPAA-G5IO2vhQp-Tu7r9PYwuDo/edit?usp=sharing
See you all there!
Drumroll please………………… we have raised $5,261.07 of our $20,000 goal.
We currently only have 27% participation in the band. Imagine if we had 100% – we possibly would have already reached our $20,000 goal. Do your part. Upload your WiddyUp video and share with your world.
Those of you that have set up a profile, remember, there are multiple ways to share: phone numbers, emails, and a unique link that shares your personal WiddyUp video with the people you send it to. Sign into your WiddyUp Dashboard, click on the red link button to copy the link, and email blast, throw it on social media, just get it out in the world!
Current Top Earner: Emily Caffey ($465.50!)
Current Top Sharer: Christian Madyun-Runnels (24 shares!)
Current Top Donation Amount: Ana Garcia (13 donors!)
Everyone: keep up the great work! It take a village to run this program 🙂
Band Camp Update
The kiddos have been working hard all week and are looking and sounding better every day. This coming week has some challenges built in. See details below
- Monday: Regular Camp Day
- Tuesday: All the directors are out for “teacher training”.
- Mr. Dees will be taking over the visual block in the morning.
- Mr. Dees will take brass and Mr. Thompson (Director at TA Howard) will take the woodwinds in the afternoon block.
- THANK YOU TO MR. DEES AND MR. THOMPSON!
- Wednesday: Ms. H will be gone for teacher training.
- Woodwinds will join brass in the afternoon block
- Thursday: Ms. H will be gone for teacher training.
- Woodwinds will join brass in the afternoon block.
- Friday: All the directors will be gone in the morning for even more teacher training but will return for the afternoon block.
- Mr. Dees will be taking over the morning block.
Looking forward to a great week!